Monday, May 24, 2010

Tina and Clyde

Well Tina had a birthday and the portrait below was her gift from a very special friend. Framed in a Four inch cherry frame and 24x30 in size, Tina said "It is one of my most prized possession's, you hit a home run for sure Wilber a Home Run." An eight year old neighbor boy commented "You sure can see that horse loves that lady." I think he is right.

I will be adding more comments to this image as they come in. Just have to tell you a little about the time I spent with Tina and her best friend Clyde. Those of you who have horses in your life know that you don't own them, I think it's the other way around. We just had fun walking around the wild area that Clyde explores every day, taking time to let the relationship happen. Sure we posed some images making sure the ears were at full attention, that he was standing just right and then when Tina saw this image-well she said it was just what she wanted and I'm so glad that we did not rush the session-just let it unfold. Special relationships, special portraits.
Call us and lets see what we can help you with 803-469-2440. I will travel the three state (NC, SC and Ga) to help you, this session was in North Carolina.

I promised you more as it came in and the following is from the lady in the portrait and totally in her own words.

Dear Wilber,

It is hard to know where to begin with this, but let me give it a shot.

About a year ago or so I had a conversation with my best friend about how I would like to have a portrait taken of me and my Arabian, Clyde. My reason for this is because Clyde is 30 years old, not a youngster any more. It wasn't just his age, but of my three horses, Clyde is "The ONE". I wanted a picture that would tell our story. As my husband says," There is no doubt that Clyde loves you." His tremendous sensitivity, intelligence, loyalty have always just taken my breath away.

When us horse lovers describe our relationships with our horses to people that may not have horses, sometimes it is hard for them to comprehend a bond so strong. When you came to visit me and Clyde, I knew it would be difficult to some degree to see our bond; Clyde was just to busy being a horse that day. Anyway, you listened to my tales of love and admiration for my horse and my extreme desire to capture that relationship in print.

To make a very long story shorter......when I received the portrait from my best friend on my 40th birthday, I was absolutely speechless. Stunning, Amazing, Beautiful, so many more words but what made the tears flow from my eyes....... you captured "Our" story. To hear that a little boy looked at the picture and said that the horse sure does look like he loves her. and she looks like she loves him.......that's the story.

Wilber, the photo is amazing.....you are the absolute best.....it is one thing to take a photo of an occasion or a person or pet, but you managed to capture something, the more than special relationship ,that I have with my horse