Friday, May 7, 2010

Married 43yrs and still going Strong

Happy Anniversary to my Lovely Wife Margaret; for me it was love at first sight. We met at an airshow at Suffolk County Air Force Base, West Hampton, Long Island New York (September 1966). We were married the following May and I shipped out for 13 months is Vietnam that December. I was a flight engineer/rescue tech on the HH-43B Pedro (Helicopter). After a month of survival school in both Washington State and Clark AFB - Phan Rang and CamRhan Bay RV became my homes for the next 12 months.
Margaret was expecting our first child when I left and that June 5th 1968 Deborah Ann came into this world. When I returned state side I was stationed with a group of CH-3's (Jolly Green Giant-Helicopters)and spent the next year stationed at Shaw.
We decided to make Sumter our home, I became a staff photographer at the Sumter Daily Item and worked for two years with Hayward Crowson. August 18th, 1971 Christopher Lee came into this world and our family was complete.
January of 1972 we made the decision to go into business for ourselves and bought Colonial Studios from Harry Salisbury and have been doing photography and framing ever since.
Margaret is the love of my life and the love of the life of our three Grand Grandchildren-they don't even know I'm around (hahaha).
I'm looking forward to the next 43yrs and I think she is too.
So now you know more that you wanted to.
Wilber